- About Us
- Sthaler Limited (Sthaler) is a registered company in the United Kingdom, with company number 08161567, with its registered office at 4 Riverview, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, GU1 4UX, United Kingdom.
- Fingopay is a product of Sthaler.
- Questions about the Fingopay Service and your GDPR rights can be resolved by contacting our Data Protection Officer via:
- Contract and Scope of Application
- You agree to these terms and conditions by applying for a Fingopay account. The Terms and Conditions will continue to apply whether or not the verification of your account is successful.
- Excluding any other terms and conditions, the present terms and conditions will apply to all aspects of the relationship and the contract between you and Sthaler, unless otherwise expressly agreed to in writing from Sthaler. By applying for an account with us you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them. We recommend you print out a copy of these terms for future reference.
- Sthaler reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of Fingopay Services at any time. The modified terms and conditions will apply immediately after being published on the Fingopay website. You will be informed of any changes by email, via notifications on the website and/or by notifications through your Fingopay account.
- In the event that you are not in agreement with any modified or revised Terms and Conditions, then you are able to withdraw from using the service via your Fingopay account. In your account you have the right to delete your account.
- Fingopay Service
- On successfully creating a Fingopay account, the login details (email address and self-created password) are strictly personal and confidential. Sharing this information with any other person or entity is not permitted, you must take all reasonable measures to prevent the abuse, misuse, theft, or loss thereof.
- You may delete your Fingopay account at any time by using the “delete” button in your Fingopay account. Relevant records will be kept for the purposes of auditing, in accordance with appropriate laws.
- Sthaler reserves the right to delete Fingopay accounts with immediate effect if there is any reason to believe or to suspect that the verification and/or validation provided has been faulty or is no longer correct. In order to gain access to a Fingopay account again, you will be required to reapply.
- Sthaler reserves the right to delete accounts with immediate effect if communications from you to Sthaler employees or partners are considered harassing, threatening, abusive and beyond the provision of reasonable services offered to support applications for the service. Any continuation of abusive, threatening or harassing behaviour will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Our Obligations
- Sthaler aims to provide a continuously functioning and accessible service but makes no guarantees about the availability of any services provided. You accept the fact that service interruptions may occur which would render Fingopay inaccessible on some occasions.
- Sthaler reserves the right to limit access to, or render the Fingopay Service entirely inaccessible for limited periods of time in order to carry out maintenance and/or implementation of required modifications. Sthaler aims to carry out these scheduled ‘down times’ in periods which could be reasonably determined to affect the minimum number of users as far as possible e.g. outside of operating hours.
- Your Obligations
- You agree to supply the necessary and required information in order to register and enrol in the Fingopay Service.
- You agree to ensure and guarantee that all data and information provided is correct, complete, accurate and up‐to‐date and conforms to the requirements as set out during the process of registration and enrolment. You agree to notify Sthaler of any changes to your Fingopay registration information.
- You accept and agree to inform Sthaler immediately if there are any security concerns, security issues or data leaks. Any report of this information to Sthaler will be treated as strictly confidential and handled in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations in order to minimise damage to the affected users, Sthaler, or 3rd parties. Sthaler aims to resolve any security alerts or hazards as fast as reasonably possible and will take steps to inform any 3rd parties affected.
- You agree to attend the biometric enrolment station and follow the instructions outlined as the enrolment process. The credentials and information collected from you on the registration process will be kept and remain for the sole use of the biometrically enrolled individual and you agree not to allow any other individual to enrol on your behalf.
- Use of website and associated materials
- You are prohibited from copying, passing on, selling, publishing or making profit from any content of the website, products, services or associated materials of Sthaler or the Fingopay Service.
- You are prohibited from using the website, products or associated materials of Sthaler or the Fingopay Service in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website, products or associated materials.
- You are prohibited from accessing the website and associated materials of Sthaler or the Fingopay Service using any robot, spider or other automated means.
- Personal Data
- By entering into the contract, you agree that personal data will be processed according to The Data Protection Act 1998 (UK). The data protection act refers to the law regarding the protection and processing of personal data.
- You have the right to complain to the Lead Supervisory Authority, or any other Supervisory Authority, about issues regarding the storage and processing of your personal data.
- Sthaler and you are obliged to take all reasonable measures to protect confidential information or the Fingopay account from unauthorised access, loss, damage, modification or unauthorised processing. In the event that this occurs Sthaler must be informed immediately of any such unauthorised access, loss, damage, modification or unauthorised processing.
- Sthaler will inform you of any unauthorised processing identified within your account.
- Rights of Ownership and Intellectual Property
- Any intellectual property rights associated with the Fingopay Service or associated materials remain at all times the property of Sthaler, the licensee or our supplier.
- The right to use the service or associated materials related to the Fingopay Service does not imply any transfer of any intellectual property rights of the service or associated materials to you. Sthaler only provides a non‐exclusive right to use the Fingopay Service and/or associated materials for the purpose of creating an account. The rights of your use are strictly personal and cannot be transferred to any other person.
- You are prohibited from using the service, data or associated materials in any way, or by use of any part, that would result in the violation of intellectual property rights of Sthaler, any of its brands and products/services, the licensee or suppliers.
- Sthaler reserves the right to take all measures necessary in order to protect intellectual property rights owned by them, the licensee or suppliers. These measures include the termination of the use of the Fingopay Service or associated materials upon the termination of the contract. You are prohibited from removing or circumventing any such measures in any way.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability in respect of a) Any breach of law by Sthaler or its sub-contractors, b) any loss, unauthorised access to or corruption of Personal Data held by Sthaler or its sub-contractors (including any credentials issued to you), c) any wilful default on the part of Sthaler or its sub-contractors. Any other limitations on liability included in these Terms and Conditions must be reasonable in all the circumstances of the services provided by Sthaler to the user.
- We are not responsible to you for any loss or damage suffered by you which was not an obvious consequence of us breaching these Terms and Conditions. We are not responsible to you for losses which you suffer due to any events beyond our reasonable control. We are not responsible to you for losses which you suffer which are not directly caused by our actions.
- Sthaler cannot be held liable for damages resulting from events beyond reasonable control or not caused directly by actions by Sthaler.
- Sthaler cannot be held liable for any indirect damages or damages caused because you did not/or do not take appropriate measures to i) limit such damages immediately after a damaging event has occurred, ii) prevent further damage or subsequent damages resulting from the initial event, iii) immediately took action to inform Sthaler about events which would cause damages and/or took action to provide relevant information to Sthaler.
- In all cases the liability of Sthaler shall be limited to the usual and foreseeable damages. Sthaler cannot be held liable for any business damages after using the Fingopay Service in the capacity of a consumer. The use of the Fingopay Service contemplated by these Terms and Conditions is as a customer for private use only.
- Sthaler can never be held liable in respect of any damages resulting from:
- Your unauthorised or improper use of the data, the Fingopay Service and/or related materials;
- That the data you have provided is incorrect and/or incomplete, or not provided to Sthaler in a timely manner;
- Loss, theft or unauthorised sharing of your own data or login details provided to you;
- Your failure to abide by any obligations as provided in these Terms and Conditions, including not cooperating with the Terms and Conditions;
- Temporary inaccessibility of the Fingopay Service;
- The downtime or unavailable online tools of 3rd parties.
- Regardless of the provisions in section 11, Sthaler does not exclude or limit in any way any liability where it would be unlawful to do so. Including in particular, liability for death or personal injury caused by Sthaler negligence or the negligence of employees, agents or subcontractors and any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Limitation of Action
- Any claim for damages against Sthaler must be brought within one year after the damage has occurred.
- Force Majeure
- Sthaler are not obliged to perform any of the obligations under the contract or the Terms and Conditions in case of force majeure. Force majeure is understood to include but is not limited to improperly functioning materials provided by users, requirements under the law, power cuts, improper functioning of the internet, or of computer‐ and telecommunication facilities, extreme weather conditions, fire, flooding, war, strike, general problems of transportation and unavailability of one or more of Sthaler employees or subcontractors.
- Applicable Law and Disputes
- The contract and the Terms and Conditions are governed by English law in adherence and conformity with applicable European Directives, specifically Article 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights regarding laws on privacy.
- Any dispute that cannot be settled amicably will be brought before the competent judge of the place where Sthaler have a statutory seat (England and Wales). If applicable, European law provisions determine that another judge is also competent, then the case may also be brought before the relevant jurisdiction.
- The Fingopay Service is provided from system based in the UK, whilst the processing is available locally. From a data privacy perspective (GDPR) the Lead Supervisory Authority is the UK ICO who can be contacted here: https://ico.org.uk
- Sthaler does not provide for any other guarantees, undertakings, and/or commitments than those explicitly provided for in the Terms and Conditions.
- Concluding Provision
- Should any provision of the Terms and Conditions be declared invalid or void, this shall not affect the validity of any of the other provisions included in the Terms and Conditions. In such case, Sthaler will amend the Terms and Conditions with the aim to achieve the same object and purpose served by the provision declared invalid.
The following words have the following meaning:
“User”, “you” or “your” in these Terms and Conditions refer to you as a registered user of the Fingopay Service.
- Identity service
The service provided by us to you entailing the verification of your identity and/or the validity of any documents or data. If this verification and/or validation process results in a confirmation and/or validation of the information provided by you, an identity account will be created for your personal use.
The relationship between you and us, governed by the Terms and Conditions according to article 2.1.
- Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions as set out here.
- Data / Information
Any data you have provided to us or in connection with the Fingopay Service.
The holder of a licence for intellectual property rights connected to the Fingopay Service.
Materials shall refer to any software, hardware, websites, database, designs, models, programs, reports, and other identity services and materials put to use by us in relation to the Fingopay service.
- Good Industry Practice
At any time, the exercise of that degree of care, skill, diligence, prudence, efficiency, foresight and timeliness which would be reasonably expected at such time from a leading and expert provider of services which are similar to the Fingopay Service, such provider seeking to comply with its obligations in full and complying with applicable laws and with ISO27001 and Scheme accreditations.
- Fingopay Service
Service provided by Sthaler in order to help consumers register finger vein biometric information to process payments at approved retailers and points of sale.
- Lead Supervisory Authority
Is the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO).